LCSub HOA Board meeting minutes – 4/4/17

4/4/17 7:00 pm, Jimmy’s house

Attendees: Jimmy Logsdon (President)

      Hollie Baker (Secretary)

      Doug Long (Treasurer) -Absent

      Eric Keyes

      Marty Hope

Items discussed:

HOA website- Eric researched and found we can get a new website through Go Daddy, will cost $3.99/ month if 3 years paid in advance. Will move forward once discussed with Doug. Will be board only admin access, and will include a calendar of events, downloads for restrictions, budget, etc, board contact info, a link to the Facebook page, and announcements.

Streetlights- A request for a vote has been submitted by an HOA member for streetlights. REMC provided plans for placement of lights that is most cost effective. Eric will meet with the REMC guy Thursday morning to walk through and see the costs for a different placement plan to include intersections, cul-de-sacs, and bus stops. Will also ask about LED lights and associated costs. Board members agreed a lantern style light would be best for neighborhood needs. Due to past pattern of poor voter turnout, we will host 3 forums to provide information and answer questions surrounding the lights. Tentatively 2 will be held on April 23, one at Prairie Pl and Lewis Dr, the other at Timberfield Ct., and 1 will be held on April 30 at Meriwether and New Perry. Ballots will then be mailed on or around May 1, and deadline for turn in will be May 9 at a special meeting. Location is yet to be determined. Board members will attempt to walk the neighborhood prior to the meeting and collect some ballots.

Newsletter- HOA will begin distributing a quarterly newsletter to announce new neighbors, births, marriages, youth sports, school news, events, etc. Hollie will put together a committee to work on it. Tentatively the first will be issued this summer.

Block party- Block party will be held around the beginning of fall (late September), and will be a fall festival themed party. Ideas for activities include chili cook-off, pumpkin carving, hayrides, karaoke, and inflatables. Marty will put together a committee to plan.

Other items- Board issued holiday cards at Christmas, block or street themes for Christmas decorations.

Meeting adjourned at 9:10 pm

This entry was posted in Board Meeting Notes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply